My iPhone 5 stopped charging the other day. My employer just upgraded me from the 4 not too long ago, and I knew they wouldn’t be happy with me telling them my new phone wasn’t working. I peeked into the charging cable hole and saw roughly 5 tones of pocket lint within. After rooting around a bit I found the perfect device with which to get it all out.
GUM Soft Pick. Normally I would never, ever support these things. They’re a waste of material, and the ocean is probably littered with them already. I hate – HATE – single use shit like this. But we had a couple laying around from a dentist visit. I snipped off the pointiest bit of one and used the remainder to dig around in my phone (which I’d turned off of course). The rubberyness of the pick grabbed the lint and drug it out no problem.